The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Prayers, please

I know it's been a long time since I posted anything. Part of that is because I just can't keep up with the clever things that my younger daughter is always posting - and part of it is because I don't have a lot of time. However, the major reason is that our older daughter has been having some major medical problems, and I have really been tied up with that.

I am not going to go into all the gory details, but she has had two surgeries in the last 2 months, and is in pain much of the time. We aren't sure if her health insurance (Medicare) will cover the second surgery, so she's worried about money as well. I have been going over to her place every morning and reading to her, but it's mostly just to keep her company and let her know that I care.

So I would ask you to keep her in your prayers. She doesn't have a very cheerful outlook on life most of the time anyway (she IS on social security disability for depression and anxiety attacks). This has made things worse.

However, the cheerful blogs from my younger daughter give me hope that there is happiness in the world, and that maybe, someday, my older daughter will get a bit of it too.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

She sounded chipper enough when I talked to her last, but from the amount of pain meds she is taking, I worry about her getting OFF them after all is said and done. But don't worry, she is always in my prayers. I think you are a great mom for reading to her while she is sick, and I expect the same treatment when I get sick next time :)