The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

How did I get talked into this?

I come from the old school - in other words, I'm over 50. Computers are still a marvel to me, and the Internet is absolutely awesome. Today's kids take a lot of this for granted, but I can still remember typewriters, telegrams, and televisions being the 'latest technology'.

My younger daughter, Maleen Cazier, has embraced the Internet and all of its myriad opportunities. She created a 'blog' for her and her family, and has been intermittantly asking me to do the same. I am a little hesitant because I don't really think that my life is all that interesting, and I can't imagine who (besides her) is going to read it.

I am still learning how to manipulate photographs on the computer. Hey - I only figured out how to use a digital camera about a year ago (and that is another thing I absolutely marvel at!) It makes the wonder of Polaroid cameras look ridiculous by comparison, but that used to be hot stuff.

So - here is my 'blog'. No guarantees on how often I will post anything - or when I'll figure out how to find the pictures that I know are stored on my computer. And if you find the ramblings of a 50+ female micrbiologist interesting, come back for another look some year.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

I'm already loving it. Use it as a journal and your posterity (ME!) will greatly appreciate all your words of wisdom (and otherwise). You could post some of your poetry (pleeeease). Or you can just put daily occurrences here. I will enjoy it all.