The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Friendship

I was reading over my daughter's latest blog, and I was very impressed by what good friends she has. I had to stop to think about that for a little bit. I have never been a person who has a lot of friends - at least not 'friends' friends. I have a lot of aquaintances that I like a lot, and who like me, but they aren't the kind of people I can call up and tell everything too.

It has been a long time since I had a girl friend that I would automatically turn to if I needed advice, or wanted to chat, or needed a shoulder to cry on. I have always only had one - or at the most two - friends at one time that fall into this category. I guess I don't do deep meaningful relationships very well. I haven't had this kind of friend for a long time.

Or have I? I don't have a girl friend to call, but I do have a daughter in Utah who comes as close to being a 'friend' as I've ever had. And my best friend? My husband! We many not always be on the same page about everything, but he is the one person I can talk to about everything. OK - he doesn't get the female stuff too well, but everything else.

So after thinking the whole thing over, I'm not going to complain. I am friends with both of my daughters, and have a wonderful relationship with my husband; AND I always can turn to the Lord for comfort. Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Yay, I'm so glad you consider me a friend, because you are certainly on my list of favorite people ever! And while I was reading I was thinking of Dad too. He is really a great guy and you are very lucky to have him. I consider Tyler my best friend too. After all, he'll be around for eternity. Love you.