The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pictures!


The picture up above is my granddaughter - Daisy Grace Cazier. There was a lot of confusion over what her middle name was going to be - but she born on Tuesday, so Grace fits perfectly. Remember the old rhyme?
Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go
Friday's child is loving and giving
Saturday's child has to work for a living
But the child that's born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and bright and good and gay.
Of course, both I and both my daughters were born on Mondays - and our grandson was born on Tuesday (and a less graceful person I have yet to see!) My husband was (most appropriately) born on Wednesday.
The other picture shows how I am sure my daughter must have felt on occasion, before she had this latest baby. There is no doubt that babies are often a bit cramped, especially shortly before birth, and this one obviously needed to stretch a bit!




This has got to be one of the funniest pictures I have ever had emailed to me. My first thought was "Who would take a cat out on a rafting trip?" I have to wonder if this is a genuine picture, or something cleverly concocted with the graphic marvels we have available these days.


By the way, you'll notice that the cat is the only one NOT wearing a life jacket.



Hmmm - it seems that whenever I load a new picture, it goes to the top of my blog. I have tried the old cut-and-paste routine, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does this mean I have to plan my blogs in reverse if I'm putting pictures in?

Anyway, this is one of my favorite cross-stitches. It actually looks much better in person. It received an honorable mention when I entered it at the Western Washington Fair in Puyallup. With one exception, I think this is the one picture I would keep if I could only have one of my cross-stitches.

That's it for now. When I get around to putting my latest set of pictures on my hard drive, I can blog a few more pictures that I particularly like. And maybe I can figure out a way to put in pictures so I don't have to do plan my blogs in reverse!





2 comments:

Maleen said...

Cut and Paste isn't working for you? On mine you can cut and paste or drag it down. Keep working with it. In the meantime, I like that you have pictures now. I especially like that first picture--what a cute baby.

Maleen said...

By the way, I have had some requests from people who want to see Legolas. I think it is time for you to put THAT picture on your blog.