The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Sunday, November 2, 2008

What's really scary?

Around our house, Halloween is a big holiday. My husband's birthday is the 30th, and when he was growing up, his birthday decorations were always black and orange. Over the years, we have collected an impressive array of 'scary' things, and this year we actually dug a lot of them out and put them up for Halloween.

We went to the local Spirit of Halloween store but were sadly disappointed. Everything was cheap-looking, sleazy, and over-priced. So we didn't buy anything new. In fact, we went to Walmart to get Tim's costume (vampire cape and matching teeth). So here are some pictures of the Halloween decorations we had in our living room. If you look carefully you'll see some of last year's Christmas decorations that never got taken down - including the Christmas tree!






However, I don't think anything we used to decorate the house is quite as scary as my daughter, Miranda, dying her hair blue. I think it looks really, really cool - although I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to do it - even though blue is my favorite color.



I thought about including a picture of our kitchen sink, but I don't think the world is ready for that!







1 comment:

Maleen said...

That is REALLY blue. Somehow it almost seems fitting. At least it doesn't look that weird to me.
I like all the decorations. You have more scary stuff than cutesy stuff but that is to be expected.
Where is a picture of Timmy in his costume?