The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Five little girls

My daughter is going to give birth to her fifth daughter sometime next March. Tentively the name of the new little one is going to be Pearl Lee. This inspired the following:

First June was born and we had lots of fun
For she is little girl number one

Then Robyn was born and we yelled "Yahoo!"
For she is little girl number two

Then Ivory was born and we shouted with glee,
For she is little girl number three

Then Daisy was born and we said "There's MORE?"
For she is little girl number four.

We hardly can wait for Pearl to arrive
For she is little girl number five.

There's June Michelle and Robyn Chalae
Ivory Elaine and Daisy Mae
Oops - Daisy GRACE, please pardon me
And now there will be little Pearl Lee.

Not in the same class as Shakespeare or Wordsworth, but it was fun to write.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

That was very cute. I think the middle name is spelled Lea (but pronounced Lee). It is still tentative though. Some days I love it and other days I waffle. I guess we still have plenty of time to decide.

It's good to see your poetic talent is still flourishing.