The Infrequent Tales of a Dysfunctional Family

Monday, February 16, 2009

Dr. Seuss?

At work we have a lot of acronyms for the messages we turn out to clients. One of these is 'YISO', which means 'yeast isolated'. We recently got an email asking us to change all of the "YISO's" to "MISO's" which means "mold isolated". At least that's what I thought. But when I reread the email I realized that we weren't supposed to change the YISO's to MISO's, but the FISO's to MISO's. (FISO is 'fungus isolated). So I mistakenly changed the YISO's to MISO's instead of changing the FISO's to MISO's, so I had to change the MISO's back to FISO's before I could change the FISO's to MISO's.

Don't even get me started on Tweedle Beetles!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

Don't you mean you changed the MISO's back to YISO's before you changed the FISO's to MISO's?

That's just fun to read.

Gotta love Fox in Socks (I still read it occasionally). Sue sews hose on slow Joe crow's nose.

meganmushrat said...

You're right! I did change the MISO's to YISO's before I changed the FISO's to MISO's instead of changing the MISO's to FISO's before changing the FISO's to MISO's. Dang - I wasn't very good at Fox in Sox either. Does Luke's duck really lick lakes?

Anonymous said...

Tounge twistetrs!